Saturday, February 28, 2009

3 Year Anniversary

Wow...yes it has been 3 years...the ups and downs, in and outs....all said. I am very happy. I was looking for the blog I wrote after 1 year, goes over how we met. I have changed so much, learned new things, and became a bettter man. I am lucky and look forward to many more aww moments, happy tears, and just those moments when it is just you and your partner. So here it is:

So a year has gone by since Mikel and I had our first date. In this last year so much as changed and I am so happy. I have new friends and will rewind just a bit to let you know how it all started.

Mikel and I met October 2005, I was out and about running errands, my good friend Miranda called me and asked if I was watching the Astros Playoff game. I said no, but I was downtown and I stopped at Charlies because it was the 8th inning, I thought I would stop and catch the last inning. I sat on the outside bar, got a beer and sat next to a big cowboy looking guy. Across the bar was mikel, watching the game and hanging out. The cowboy dude started talking bad about NYC cab drivers. Me, being from NJ, got offended, but Mikel from Brooklyn definitely was offended. So Mikel got loud, and represented NY and made the cowboy leave the bar. I was kinda shocked but made my eyes wide open. I wanted to know who this was. We saw each other at the bar 2-3 times, and he remembered me as Jersey , and he was New York to me.
So the date is now Feb 21, 2006 . My coworker Phillip and I decided to go out on a Tuesday night – we went down to Oilcans around 9 or so. The next morning I was leaving for Vegas at 10am with Mike and Chris to meet Mollie out there. The night wasn’t anything special, just hanging out and drinking. Mikel was there with some of his friends and I heard his voice and knew it was him. We talked and he rememberd me, and then we had our first kiss, he said he was headed back to Charlies and asked me to go with him. So Phillip and I went there with him, and I lost Phillip the rest of the night, Mikel and I spent the time together till closing. He gave me his phone number and the hat he was wearing and told me to call him when I got back an to return his hat. He told me he had a motorcycle and I wanted to see – so he walked me over and showed me. I was impressed!!! I told him I was leaving in a few hours, and I still haven’t packed. I got home and packed and got a few hours of sleep. I got back from Vegas on Saturday afternoon, and was exhausted.
Sunday night I called Mikel and we set up a date for the next day. I met him at Fuddruckers. We talked and had a great time, he invited me back to his place and we hung out.

A year later – we live together, I have a new job, and life is good. We have had our ups and downs. But I cherish those early times, the aww moments, the new experiences. I have learned so much from Mikel, and have become a stronger man. He has shown me what a husband is, and I love being his husband. We have just gone through our first year, and looking forward to many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment